1. Cambodia – Kuy Teav Recipe: http://thedomesticman.com/2014/07/15/hu-tieu-kuy-teav-cambodian-pork-and-seafood-noodle-soup/
This is a filling and steamy noodle soup with rice noodles, pork stock, and various toppings. It’s similar to Vietnamese pho, and makes a delicious breakfast for a chilly morning.
2. Pakistan – Halwa Poori Cholay This breakfast is filled with spicy chickpeas, semolina, and soft Poori bread. The Halwa is made sweet and rich with ghee, cardamom, and evaporated milk, while the Cholay is packed with a ton of spices and chickpeas.
3. Sweden – Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød Recipe:http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/smoked-salmon-sm-rrebr-d
This delectable open-faced Scandinavian sandwich is kind of the Swedish version of the bagel. Rye bread is covered in fresh smoked salmon and scallions, with shaved radish and dill as garnish.
4. Egypt – Ful Medames Recipe:http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Classic-Stewed-Fava-Beans
This traditional Egyptian breakfast is composed of stewed fava beans, with spices and parsley, as well as a diced boiled egg on top.
5. Mexico – Chilaquiles Verdes Recipe:http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/09/chilaquiles-verdes-fried-eggs.html
This is basically nachos for breakfast, and it’s delicious. Made with a spicy green salsa, Cotija cheese, and soft corn tortillas to sop up the yolks of fried eggs, it has an amazing texture and bursts in your mouth with flavor.
6. England – Full English Breakfast Recipe:http://www.dishmaps.com/full-english-breakfast/28950
This breakfast is not great for vegetarians or those with a small appetite, but if you’re hungry and hungover on a Saturday morning, this will probably feel like the best meal you’ve ever had. Chock full of baked beans, bacon, sausage, fried bread, eggs, and more cholesterol-filled goodness.
7. Turkey – Traditional Turkish Breakfast Platter Recipe:http://honestcooking.com/make-traditoinal-turkish-breakfast/
This is more of a platter than a cohesive meal. It has a variety of soft and hard cheeses, cold cuts, grape leaves, apricots, olives and more. Throw these on a good crusty bread and live scrumptiously, like the Turks.
8. South India – Idli and Sambar Recipe:http://www.santabanta.com/recipes/983/idli-sambar/
This is a vegetable stew served with steamed lentil and rice bread. It’s one of the most popular breakfast favorites in South India, and the Sambar packed with nutritious lentils, otherwise known as dal, and veggies. The idli is made with lentils, boiled rice, and fenugreek.
9. China – Congee Recipe:http://noshon.it/recipes/chinese-congee-rice-porridge/
If you like oatmeal for breakfast, try this savory twist on it, which is broken down rice porridge. It’s flavored with chicken broth, mushrooms, ginger, soy sauce and other dynamic flavors that will make you want to cook it for every meal.
10. Brazil – Pão de Queijo Recipe:http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-po-de-queijo-brazilian-cheese-bread-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-176118
These are basically hot little doughy balls of cheese and bread. Made with sour cassava flour or tapioca flour, they’re little parmesan puffs. Cheese puffs for breakfast? Sort of hard to resist. Plus, they’re gluten-free.
11. Venezuela – Arepa with avocado and plantains Recipe:http://food52.com/recipes/31009-vegetarian-arepas-with-avocado-and-plantains
This is a clean and bright dish, with healthy corn patties, black beans and deliciously tender maduros, or sweet plantains.
12. Israel – Shakshuka Recipe:http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014721-shakshuka-with-feta
This spicy and flavorful stew is tomato based, with creamy poached eggs marinating inside and feta cheese. Dipping pita into it tastes like heaven.
13. Korea – Breakfast Bokkeumbap AKA Breakfast Fried Rice Recipe:http://food52.com/recipes/27403-breakfast-fried-rice
You might not expect fried rice to be a breakfast food, but when you throw a poached egg on it, it transforms into the rich gooey AM meal that you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Either way, it’s pretty much bacon fried rice.