A couple of years ago I needed to get an audiobook fast but had already done a free trial of Audible. That’s when I discovered Audiobooks.com and tried them out for the first time. I couldn’t be happier with them and that I’d finally found an awesome (and possibly even better) alternative to Audible! If you’re wondering if Audiobooks.com is legit and worth it, or have any other questions about it, our review of Audiobooks.com is here to help!
You can jump to any section with this handy table of contents:
Table of Contents
- Quick Summary of my Audiobooks.com Review (FAQ)
- Pros and Cons of Audiobooks.com
- Pros of using Audiobooks.com:
- Cons of using Audiobooks.com:
- What is it Like to Use the Audiobooks.com App?
- What Are the Main Features of the Audiobooks.com App?
- Other Benefits Than Just Audiobooks
- Is Audiobooks.com Worth It?
- Conclusion: My Audiobooks.com Review
And if you need to get back here at any time, just click on the up arrow in the bottom right corner of the page.
Let’s get right to the point though with my quick summary, which gives brief answers to the main questions you have about Audiobooks.com!
Quick Summary of my Audiobooks.com Review (FAQ)
- Is Audiobooks.com legit? Audiobooks.com is a legitimate company with over 1,000,000 downloads of its app. It’s one of the best places to get audiobooks that I’ve ever used.
- Is Audiobooks.com the same as Audible? Audiobooks.com is not the same as Audible, they are two separate companies and services with different pros and cons for each.
- How big is the selection at Audiobooks.com? Audiobooks.com has over 250,000 books, including all of your favorite bestsellers. I used my free trial to get Atomic Habits, for instance!
- Does Audiobooks.com have a free trial? What comes with it? Audiobooks.com has an awesome free trial which gives you not one but THREE free audiobooks! The first you get to pick from their entire library and you also get to select two from their VIP selection, which includes a lot of bestsellers and some really great books you might not have heard about.
- What do I get with an Audiobooks.com Subscription? How does TWO audiobooks a month sound? With an Audiobooks.com subscription, you get one free audiobook credit per month that you can use to get any audiobook from their library of 250,000+ in addition to one credit for any book in the VIP library, which changes each month. Their library also includes dozens of useful audio experiences like sleep tracks, podcasts, news, and more.
- Do you keep books after canceling your Audiobooks.com subscription? If you do decide to cancel your Audiobooks.com subscription, you will keep all audiobooks you acquired while subscribed. I’ve used the app both as a paying subscriber and not and I can still listen to all the books I acquired when subscribed.
- How much does Audiobooks.com cost? Audiobooks.com costs $14.95 per month after the 30-day free trial period, not including tax. You can also buy audiobooks individually for the usual price.
- Is Audiobooks.com worth the money? Getting two audiobooks a month for the same price as most other audiobook services plus access to podcasts and free audiobooks is totally worth it!
Pros and Cons of Audiobooks.com
There’s not a whole lot to say of a service that’s as straightforward as bringing you the world’s best audiobooks. But Audiobooks.com does have a few specific pros and cons that I’ll go over now.
What is it Like to Use the Audiobooks.com App?
The Audiobooks.com app is available for free on both iPhone and Android. You can also listen to books online, but most of the features and the user interface are nearly identical, so I’ll only be focusing on the app here.
I love how simple the app is. When you log in and look at your books, you have three main selections you can choose from:
- Current Listens, which includes the books you’ve started listening to.
- My Library, including all the books you’ve acquired through your Audiobooks.com subscription or free trial.
- Wishlists, where you can see books that you’ve added to your wishlist while shopping. This makes it super easy to use your credits each month.
Here’s what it looks like when you’re on the My Library and Current Listens tabs: